Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 2 – 10 things you love in lolita

Didn't post for so long, guess I'm really not that good at keeping up a blog! 

This day of meme is really easy, there's just so much to love about lolita!

1. It's elegance and femininity. Lolita makes one look beautiful without trying to look sexy, it's just prettiness for sake of prettiness.

2. Lace. After encouraging the most beautiful lace in lolita, I will never look this same at "lace" seen in mainstream clothes.

3. Details. Ruffles, lace, pin tucks, shirring, corseting, prints... I can look at my dresses for really long time, admiring all this.

4. Communities. Our Icelandic community is finally starting to, well exist, all thanks to amazing A ( A's blog ). Having tea parties and just having someone to simply talk with about our love for lolita is really a great thing.

5.  The variety, there's just so much to choose from. Anytime I think I've already seen all the prettiest dresses, there comes something new that takes my breath away.

6. Lifestyle ideas. Tea parties, embroidery, reading classic book, having "princess days" and walks in a park are totally my thing.

7. Themes. Especially the vampire one.

8.  That it's so heavily inspired by 18th and 19th century clothing. I love Victorian era, and find lolita to be a now days version of victorian clothes. 

9. Head dresses. Lolita has the most amazing head wear.

10. The excitement it comes with. I love the feeling when I finally get the dresses I've been looking for ages on my hands, it really makes me happy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment